Wolf Maidens Greeting

I am a young woman, whom lives, treks, dances and sings with pure wolves. Due to where I live not only do I have the opportunity to have viewed, studied, and experienced living, surrounded by wild born wolves, right on my own land even! But I have also forged a friendship with some captive born pure wolves at my licensed wolf outreach and eco education center in Northern Canada. They have been but one teacher in my life, and I have humbly grown over time with them. It consists of various journeys with various wildlife, and pure wolves as they be, and all their glory. Nothing is ever as great as viewing the wild in the wild, such moments never fail to bring me to my knees in awe, wonder and humble honor. To meet another sentient being on their own hallowed grounds where they belong, brings tears to my eyes. I have an undying love affair and romance with the greatest show on earth...LIFE! and wish to say Namaste' to all fellow earth aliens :0) I hope you feel most welcome here and come back to visit from time to time, perhaps leave your own thoughts and mark to remember you by. It seems that so many are in a hurry these days, and don't just sit back enough and simply BE, I provide a lot of music choices here (Just scroll through them if yee like ) I hope you enjoy your stay no matter how long. I LOVE to meet people and hear their own story. I do feel with my every being, that every morning the sun rises to refresh our souls, and every sunset is honored as a gift, for we are not granted a tomorrow. I have the now to share, and hope you catch the same wild disease. Remember in the words of Dr. Seuss Be who you are, say what you feel, because those who mind dont matter, and those who matter don't mind.

Be Most Welcome Here

Be Most Welcome Here
Please enjoy your visit! My user name is skynymph http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nymph

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

red riding hood go to school?

Today as I went in to play with Tibet, she came running over to me with her typical and usual greeting, (that is when she's having a good day and not ill, luckily the good still outweigh the bad.) She was belly crawling, peeing, crying (speaking), showing me affection, tongue darting, ears back, eyes averted submissively I cannot help but wonder about the stories I grew up with such as *Peter And The Wolf* *Little Red Riding Hood* and other similar stories. I laugh and picture Tibet as the big bad wolf in such a novel, but of course cannot. I teach children that wolves are neither what they hear in the bed time stories and around the campfires, nor are they the typical family dog and pet companion. Wolves are their own type of animal as unique and individual as so many of us humans are, they have different personalities, and temperaments, they show their displeasure and happiness, they show their sadness and let you know when they are ill and down. Wolves are a predatorial animal but they are not the blood thirsty night stalkers just waiting to grab a child or adult out of their beds.
They are highly misunderstood, made into something they are not, nor ever were. They are neither devils nor saints, they just are. I do not view Tibet as something I *own* the way I own my truck, or my clothes, I see her as a free thinking and even doing for the most part individual spirit that has to be respected at all times, whose needs and wants need to be heard and understood in order for there to be a bond and friendship. Due to licensing restrictions she is not allowed to run freely on the land, even though this would be the best scenario, (and oh I would ;0) if COMPLETELY isolated on an island somewhere hahaha) for she would not run way from home like a husky might, due to her bond with me, and the other wolves, but in her journeys she could get shot out here. To keep everyone happy and safe, including keeping the respect by respecting other neighbours in the county side, when not in her habitat she is on lead on the dense forest trails with me exploring life. She is not my dog, my dog is content to always just do for me just because she wants to please me, listen to me, do as I say, crawl into my lap and watch late night movies contentedly with me without fretting. She (my dog) does not seem as complex to try and understand.



Tibet will crawl into my lap alright, but she most certainly would not stay there for the duration of a movie, while relaxing on the couch, in fact the couch would be fair game to rip apart! She would have much better things to do like searching for dish rags to eat, garbage to get into, kitchen tables to leap onto and use as a spring board to surf onto the kitchen counters, and then onto the fridge in search of the next new thing to find , and take apart to see it's inner workings. I sometimes think how most people I know must think surely I must be crazy for enduring some of the crazy antics I have over the years. Crazy? who knows, maybe... I must admit I am *in love* though. It is a love story that has taken me from peaks of highs to the very depth of lows. My heart has cried, and it has sang on this amazing journey, for I know not many have the privelage of living with wolves. For anyone who says it's no big deal, anyone could do it. Yes anyone could take a wild animal and do this, does not mean they *understand* how to do it *right*


I know one day I will no longer hear that song that envelopes my entire being when I hear it, when I will be old and grey in a rocking chair and looking back going ahhhh What a ride that was!! while reminiscing over old photographs, and watching old videos of myself with creatures so feared, hated and loved. I will always treasure these times, these journeys still unfolding daily, close to my heart for that will never disappear. I am sure in my last breath on this beautiful miracle planet, there will be scenes played out of these experiences and faces of these beautiful animals to see me into my next journey. I can only pray the wild wolfs song will continue to be sung underneath the heavens and silver moon, that their spirits will continue to dance with the northern lights that watch over them, tenderly a dance that is older than time.

No comments: